Andrews Osborne Academy (AOA)
Andrews Osborne Academy perfectly compliments the training and competition demands of SPIRE's student athletes. High school students board at the nearby AOA campus alongside its current base of U.S. and international boarders. AOA completes the I-20 form to allow international students to receive an F1 Student Visa to attend SPIRE.
At AOA, academics are more than simply presenting our students with a challenge or encouraging them to reach beyond their grasp of a core subject. We believe in providing support through an individualized, comprehensive plan that paves a path to success for each student. Through the efforts and commitment of the entire faculty and staff, AOA offers an academic program that not only teaches the skills and knowledge students need to prepare for college but also nurtures an interest in life long learning, builds confidence in their own abilities and helps define who they are and can be. Combine this with a diverse student body, small classes and excellent facilities, and you have a one of a kind educational experience that will support the promise of a bright future for every student and their families.
AOA Fast Facts
- Andrews Osborne Academy - Founded in 1910
- 38588 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, Ohio 44094
- Grade Levels – Enrichment/Pre-K through 12th Grade
- Coeducational College Preparatory - Independent School
- Coed Day School – Elementary – Enrichment Center through 6th
- Coed Day and Boarding School – Middle and High School, grades 7 - 12
- Number of Students – 357
- Average Class size: 10 - 15
- Percent Minority – 35%
- Percent International Enrollment – 24%
- Percent Out-of-State - 6%
- 108 Boarding Students
- 11 States Represented
- 45 Ohio Cities
- 19 Foreign Countries Represented
- 110 Faculty and Staff Members
- Foreign Languages: French, Spanish, Mandarin
- Music, Choir, Band, Theater, Private Lessons, Fine Arts and Clubs
- 17 Inter-scholastic Sports
Located on a beautiful 300 acre campus, AOA is the only Independent Coeducational College Preparatory Day and Boarding school, pre-kindergarten – 12, in Lake County, Ohio. Our unique programs include:
- Differentiated Learning and Global Studies: Our academic programs are tailored to specifically meet each student’s educational needs through differentiated learning. We immerse our students in real world learning with our Global Studies Program. The AOA Global Studies program offers students the opportunity to travel the world through integrated academics and co-curricular programs. It allows students to develop an understanding of self and their place in their communities from the local level to the global level, to cultivate an appreciation for others, and to become active citizens first in their local communities and then in the larger global community.
- Public Speaking: Our Public Speaking Program begins in the Early School and continues throughout the student’s educational career. This unique program provides the tools and skills for young people to excel in real world interactions by giving them confidence, poise and critical thinking skills.
- Equestrian Programs: The AOA Equestrian Center is an unparalleled facility and is a part of the Andrews Osborne Academy. The newly enhance facility opened in May 1999, and is a showcase by anyone’s standards. No detail has been overlooked in the efforts to make both rider and horse feel pampered and at home. This makes us not only an ideal program for boarding students to go to school, but we also offer community riding lessons and horse training. Additionally, we host over ## of horse shows per year – which means we drawn competitors from around the United States.
- Andrews Osborne Campus Map.
Andrews Osborne Academy prepares students for higher education and empowers them to be successful leaders committed to serving in an international community.