Buckeye Wheelchair Games at SPIRE Friday and Saturday!
SPIRE HOSTS BUCKEYE WHEELCHAIR GAMES
APRIL 27-28, 2012
The Buckeye Wheelchair Games (BWG) will be hosted by SPIRE on Friday and Saturday, April 27 and 28. The event's title sponsor is Invacare Corporation. The Paralyzed Veterans of America, Buckeye Chapter (BPVA) is also a sponsor. BPVA is one of 34 chapters of the Washington D.C. based Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA). The BPVA has been assisting veterans with spinal cord injuries or disease, including Multiple Sclerosis and ALS in Ohio since 1972. Events include air guns, archery, bowling, field events, billiards, slalom, swimming, table tennis, track, boccia and weightlifting. Participation in the BWG is open to all wheelchair athletes with spinal cord injuries and other disabilities who require the use of a wheelchair for athletic competition.
The schedule is as follows:
- Track Friday 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Field Friday 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Slalom Friday 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Air Rifle Friday 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and again Saturday 8 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Billiards Friday 1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Bowling Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (at Scores Fun Center)
- Swimming Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Weight Lifting Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Table Tennis Saturday 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Boccia Saturday 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.