SPIRE Basketball Academy, unparalleled in size, scope and sophistication, provides the finest training and education environment of its kind in the world. Student-athletes of SPIRE Basketball Academy will be exposed to a basketball training system that instills every aspect of how to be a champion on the court, in the classroom, and in life.
Bobby Bossman, the Director of SPIRE Basketball has successfully built nationally ranked basketball academies across the country. As the former Head Coach at Westwind Prep (AZ) and La Jolla Prep (CA), Coach Bossman has demonstrated a commitment to the development and placement of student-athletes into collegiate programs that best fit them academically, athletically, and socially.
A former NCAA Division I and Division II college player, Coach Bossman has coach at the NCAA Division I, Division II, and high school levels. In addition, he has played and coached internationally with teams in Russia, China, and Spain.
SPIRE Basketball’s staff brings over 80 years of combined basketball experience from playing and coaching at the youth, collegiate, and professional level. While many of SPIRE Basketball Academy staff’s former players have gone on to play professionally in the NBA and overseas, the most prestigious aspect of the SPIRE Basketball Program is the staff’s successful placement of hundreds of athletes into collegiate programs.
SPIRE Basketball is based on the principles of discipline, teamwork, consistency, leadership, and commitment. These principles, our staff's commitment, and our complete analysis of every aspect of your game, make it possible to reach your maximum potential on and off the court.
In addition to the Academy, a full complement of custom training programs are available for teams and individuals from beginner to pros.
SPIRE Institute’s residential high school basketball program includes world class academics and housing at Andrews Osborne Academy (AOA), an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day and boarding school. With a beautiful 300 acre campus and part of the Independent Schools Association of Central States (ISACS) and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), AOA is consistently ranked among the best private schools in Ohio.
SPIRE Institute’s residential post-graduate basketball program offers the option to begin college courses through Kent State University or repair high school GPA and standardized test scores (SAT/ACT), among other academic options to better prepare student-athletes for college.
Note: Elite post collegiate and professional athletes looking for the ideal residential basketball training environment are also welcome.
Basketball Training Camps and Clinics for various ages and abilities will be offered throughout the school year and summer. Elite Training for collegiate and professional athletes is also available.
- Six NBA dimensional size basketball courts
- Shelde pro level model basketball goals
- Coaching staff with over 80 years of combined experience playing and coaching at the youth, collegiate, and professional level
- Michael Johnson Performance training (Individualized Speed, Strength, and Agility program)
- Mental Skills training (Group and Individual sessions)
- Nutrition and hydration training
- Leadership and communication training
- Top tournament and showcase travel (including international play)/ year round competition
- Integrated academic curriculum
- An Olympic Village setting with U.S. and international athletes in multiple sports
- SPIRE Fuel (nutrition court)
- Elevated climate controlled mezzanine for athlete exposure