SPIRE Academy (Residential Post Grad Program)
Why Post Grad Basketball?
There is a growing need/demand for a specialized basketball post grad program. Many high school graduates are not physically, technically and/or competitively prepared to excel at collegiate basketball. Some need a year where they can live away from home and really get ready for college life. And there may be academic reasons why taking an extra year between high school and college is the best option.
SPIRE Basketball Post Grad is also for athletes preparing for the NBA Draft and/or attempting to secure a contract overseas.
- SPIRE’S world-class coaches will design a technical and tactical training regimen that will improve your individual proficiency and enhance your performance.
- An individually tailored Michael Johnson Performance training program will make you a faster, stronger, more athletic player.
- SPIRE Mental Skills Training with Jack J. Lesyk, Ph.D., CC-AASP will prepare you to focus and meet the pressures that lay ahead, in and out of the pool.
- SPIRE Fuel features customized menus/meal plans for the serious athlete that will best enable you to develop, perform and recover.
- Competition will be scheduled in appropriate proportion to your training commitments.
- We will help guide your exposure to the collegiate coaching network.
- All of these efforts should enhance your chances to secure a better scholarship offer.
- And you will be able to enter college with a full 4 years of eligibility remaining, which is not something you can say if you take the junior college route.
Note: SPIRE Basketball will also welcome elite players who have completed their college eligibility and/or professionals who are looking for the ideal residential training environment.
At SPIRE, you will also be able to earn college credit by taking two core classes per semester. Or you can work to enhance/repair your high school GPA. SAT/ACT test prep courses will be available, as will ESL programs and TOEFL prep courses for international students. Working one-on-one with SPIRE/AOA's Director of College Placement and NCAA Compliance will also prove to be invaluable to every student.
For more academic information, go to Post Grad Academics.
- Rolling admission
- 6 NBA dimensional size basketball courts with Shelde pro level model goals
- Agility, power and speed training with Michael Johnson Performance
- Mental skills training, leadership and communication, nutrition/hydration training
Program Support Services:
- Sports Medicine Network (Orthopedic, Podiatry, Sport Psychology)
- Performance Therapy (Sports Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, Massage Therapy)
- Sports Nutrition (Expert dietary analysis, body composition evaluation, supplement education, sport fueling and planning strategy).
- $37,500 boarding (includes room, meals and training; academic costs are not included); or
- $29,000 non-boarding (includes training program and lunch; academic costs are not included)
SPIRE Basketball Director/Head Coach
- Bobby Bossman