SPIRE is proud to welcome Michael Johnson to its Leadership Board, and Michael Johnson Performance (MJP) to its brand new 25,000 sq. ft. training facility.
We brought MJP to SPIRE for one reason only. We want nothing but the best for our athletes. Improved athletic performance in the competitive arena requires more than just perfecting sport relevant skills. At SPIRE, our students will become more proficient athletes via improved speed, agility, quickness, strength and endurance. Under the leadership of the hand picked Director, Bryan McCall, MJP will custom design, in conjunction with the Director of each sport, the long term athletic performance development program best suited to every athlete at SPIRE.
Our centrally located MJP facility combines world-class performance coaching, the latest in technology and specially designed athletic development equipment within a training environment unmatched in the sports performance community. MJP at SPIRE provides our athletes with the most advanced, customized training systems and is the true core of every SPIRE sports training program.
SPIRE also features a 50-meter Olympic pool, a 25-yard recreation pool, four therapy pools and one of the largest indoor and outdoor track & field complexes in the world. All are perfect for cross training, regeneration and/or recovery purposes.
Bryan McCall & Shaun Spade: All Star Physical Therapy: 10/22/12
Camp and Academy Training
Every SPIRE camp and academy athlete will experience MJP programs custom designed to complement individual goals and aspirations. Sport specific coaches and MJP experts will collaborate to best serve the SPIRE athlete.
MJP also provides in-season and off-season training programs, biomechanical analysis, remote coaching, performance therapy and injury prevention programs for youth, collegiate and professional athletes and teams in all sports.
Training Center Highlights
- 25,000 sq. ft. training facility
- Astro turf agility surface
- 60-yard Beynon track
- 5,000 sq. ft. PowerLift equipped strength center
- Dartfish video performance room
- Injury risk/biomechanical physical assessment
- Nike SPARQ rating
- Hydroworx hydro therapy pools
- Injury recovery room
Congratuations to Bryan McCall on being named to the Ohio National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Advisory Board!
Congratulations to MJP Athlete Brek Shea for winning the Michael Johnson Performance Center award for the 2011 season!
- "Brek had an outstanding year for us, scoring a team-high 11 goals. I feel the time he spent at Michael Johnson Performance the last few years has improved his speed, focus, endurance and strength. The hard work of all the trainers at MJP has helped Brek become a 2011 MLS MVP candidate and an established member of the U.S. National Team." - FC Dallas Head Coach Schellas Hyndman
Director, Michael Johnson Performance at SPIRE
- Bryan McCall