Summer Soccer Camps
Individual Overnight Camps (5-day, boarding, non-boarding)
|June 24-28, 2013||Performance/Skills Camp||10-19||$695 boarding*
|July 8-12, 2013||Performance/Skills Camp||10-19||$695 boarding*
|July 15-19, 2013||Performance/Skills Camp||10-19||$695 boarding*
*Check-in for all overnight camps is between 4:00-8:00pm on the day prior to the first day of the start of camp.
SPIRE Soccer Camps are designed for competitive soccer players who are committed to taking their performance to the next level. If you are ready to improve your individual skills, your team tactics, and your athletic mind, body and soul – SPIRE Soccer wants to see you attend one or more of our programs.
SPIRE Soccer Camps are delivered by the professional staff of SPIRE Institute. The camp philosophy and curriculum is borne out of the academy model, but tailored to the duration of the camp program. Technical, tactical, physical and mental development is focused on an individual basis within a small group and team setting. Michael Johnson Performance Training work is embedded within the camp curriculum.
SPIRE Soccer’s most experienced coaches run our residential training programs. Our professional experience of running camps for thousands of players in the US, guarantees that we know exactly how to get the best out of you! All Camp coaches are either College coaches or nationally licensed (USSF A and B and NSCAA Advanced National) club coaches.
SPIRE Soccer will provide you with a unique training experience that will be demanding and effective. Instead of a typical over-crowded camp, our Program provides a personal approach – exclusively for the developing soccer player!
The Training program is intense and challenging, providing a variety of competitive environments for learning.
About SPIRE Institute
Soccer Camp is being held at SPIRE Institute. SPIRE Institute integrates sports and education, training and learning, performance and competition like no place on Earth.
SPIRE Institute is one of the largest indoor, multi-sport, training and competition complexes in the world. With more than 750,000 sq. ft. under roof and acres of outdoor facilities, it has the unique capacity to simultaneously host clubs, leagues, tournaments and championship events no matter the weather or the season. Every consideration has been taken to create an unparalleled experience for the athlete, the coach and the spectator.
Our mission at SPIRE is to unlock the full potential of the human spirit via athletics, academics and service.
Andrews Osborne Academy: 38588 Mentor Ave. Willoughby, Oh 44094
SPIRE’s camp students and High School Academy students board at Andrews Osborne Academy(AOA). AOA’s seven dormitories are large homes housing between eight to twenty-four boarders. Staff members living in the dorms are responsible for the security, health and well-being of boarders. In overseeing the daily life in the dorms, they keep boarders on schedule for camp sessions, account for their whereabouts, and coordinate boarders’ needs with camp staff and parents. While the majority of rooms house two students, there are a few that hold three or four. Bathrooms are shared.
Transportation for Boarding Students
The closest airport (only 30 minutes away) is Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) which connects with all of the major airports in the USA. Transportation to or from the airport can be arranged whenever needed. An independent organization handles all airport transportation. In addition, the SPIRE Institute Camps program will provide transportation for boarders to SPIRE Institute for training and meals and back to the Boarding site.
Breakfast will be held at AOA and lunch and dinner will be held at SPIRE Fuel.
SPIRE's commitment to excellence inspired us to create a special brand of food service - Fuel - to offer the best nutritional choices to our athletes, families and spectators.
- All menu items are prepared from scratch with only the freshest ingredients sourced locally whenever possible.
- Fuel features gourmet cuisine with zero added trans fats, no artificial flavors or coloring and an emphasis on fresh ingredients and whole grains.
- Wellness, nutrition, freshness, local, variety, culinary inspiration and educating the consumer for smart choices are the cornerstones of Fuel's food service.
- Fuel offers revolving menus covering a broad range of cultural cuisines.
- Webtrition and SMART receipt will allow our guests to view and track the nutritional breakdown of menu items to help them select their items.
Michael Johnson Performance (MJP)
Michael Johnson Performance offers a service that is unparalleled in the performance training industry. Our philosophy is to provide two unique services including a world class testing program and a customized training program to improve the raw materials needed to improve soccer athleticism. Michael Johnson Performance Testing uncovers specific performance limiting factors in your ability to perform at a peak level. The performance training program is designed to overcome these athletic limitations to improve your ability to perform on the soccer field. Come experience the same performance training methods that FC Dallas uses as preferred provider of performance training services.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 4:00pm -7:00pm: SPIRE Camp Check-In at AOA (check-in anytime between these hours)
- 7:00pm: Pizza at AOA
- 7:15pm: Camp Orientation
- 10:30pm: Lights Out
Monday – Thursday
- 7:30am: Wake-up
- 8:00-8:30am: Breakfast at AOA
- 8:45am: Depart for SPIRE Institute
- 9:30am-11:45am: Technical / Tactical Training
- Noon: Lunch at SPIRE Fuel
- 1:30-2:30pm: Sports Performance Sessions (see below):
Michael Johnson Performance with Bryan McCall
Mental Performance: Dr. Jack
- 2:45pm-4:15pm: Tactical / Technical Training
Small Group Principles of Play
Game conditions and situations
- 4:30pm: MJP Cool Down or Swimming
- 5:00pm: Dinner at SPIRE Fuel
- 6:00pm: Depart for AOA
- 7:30pm: Evening Program / Activities
- 10:30pm: Lights Out
- 7:30am: Wake-up and last minute packing
- 8:30am: Breakfast
- 9:00am: Room Check and Check-out of AOA
- 9:30am: Depart for SPIRE
- 10:15am-12:30pm: Soccer Training and / or Competitive Games
- 12:30pm: Cool Down
- 1:00pm: Lunch at SPIRE Fuel
- 2:00pm: Camp Closing
- 2:30pm: Departure from SPIRE Institute