SPIRE Swimming, under the direction of Head Coach Jim Bocci, a highly respected developer of talent, is on a mission to set a new standard in the world of swim training and competition.
Joining Jim on this quest is Olympic Gold, Silver and Bronze medalist Diana Munz, and USA Swimming Hall of Fame coach Jerry Holtrey and his highly respected swim club, the Lake Erie Silver Dolphins.
Coach Bocci and his team of experts have designed a series of program options at SPIRE to appeal to a wide variety of competitive swimmers. All are geared to develop better athletes, more technically proficient swimmers, and individuals who embrace the qualities of leadership, commitment, self-discipline, teamwork and service.
SPIRE Institute launched its residential SPIRE Academy in fall 2012. This inaugural 2012-2013 high school swiming academy program includes education and boarding with Andrews Osborne Academy.
SPIRE Institute launched residential post grad swimming programs at SPIRE Academy in fall 2012.
Note: Elite post collegiate and professional swimmers looking for the ideal residential training environment are also welcome.
A select number of Elite and Specialty Swimming Camps, Clinics and Sessions for various ages and abilities will be offered throughout the school year and summer in 2012-2013.
- 2 pools designed with input from USA Swimming
- 25,000 sq. ft. Michael Johnson Performance (MJP) facility
- 10 lanes of a 50-meter racing course
- 20 lanes of a 25-meter racing course
- 20 lanes of a 25-yard racing course
- 6 lane warm up/warm down 25-yard training pool
- 4 therapy pools
- Colorado Timing System pace clock and competition scoreboards (including the competition pool 36’ digital display scoreboard)
- Underwater video stroke and swim power analysis equipment (utilizing Dartfish technology)
- Michael Johnson Performance training
- Mental Skills training
- Leadership and communication, nutrition/hydration training
- Top tournament travel (including international play), year round league competition
- Integrated academic curriculum
- An Olympic Village type of setting with U.S. and international athletes in multiple sports
- SPIRE Fuel (nutrition court)