SPIRE Institute is home to one of the largest, most amazing indoor and outdoor track & field complexes in world.
It is already famous as the facility where national, regional and district high school, collegiate and/or professional meets can be held in record time, on one of the fastest tracks in the country and in an ideal setting for athlete, coach and spectator.
SPIRE Academy is now open and serves as the premier training destination for the junior, collegiate, professional, Paralympic, Olympic and Master’s level athlete. Programs range from the first residential academy even seen in track & field, to a wide variety of intense training programs of shorter durations.
At the helm of the Academy is Charlie Powell, longtime head coach of University of Pennsylvania Track & Field. Powell has coached Olympians, two NCAA individual champions, 18 NCAA All-Americans, one Pan Am Champion, 60 individual NCAA Championship Qualifiers, over 100 individual Conference Champions, over 100 All-East Athletes, two NCAA Post Graduate Scholarship recipients, two Thouron Scholars, Canadian and Australian National Champions and over 50 Academic All-Ivy Team Recipients. Powell's athletes set 15 conference records, 22 outdoor school records and 21 indoor school records.
SPIRE Institute launched its residential SPIRE Academy in fall 2012. The high school track and field academy program includes education and boarding with Andrews Osborne Academy.
SPIRE Institute also launched residential post grad track & field programs at SPIRE Academy in fall 2012.
Note: Elite post collegiate and professional athletes looking for the ideal residential training environment are also welcome.
A select number of Elite and Specialty Track & Field Camps, Clinics and Sessions for various ages and abilities will be offered throughout the school year and summer.
- 9 lane, 400-meter polyurethene international track (42 width lanes)
- 2 full timing supported straight-aways allow for fewer preliminary heats and larger, more efficient meets.
- 4 long jump pits, 8 high jump positions and 4 pole vault boxes
- Adjacent Throws Stadium, meeting IAAF standards
- Olympic standard custom Lynx timing system
- Broadcast standard sound system and lighting
- Automatic quick adjusting hurdles and Olympic standard landing pits
- Indoor warm-up area and 300-meter track in case of inclement weather
- 8 lane, 300-meter Beynon track
- Two 120-meter straight-aways, 8 lanes on back stretch, 10 lanes on front stretch
- Separate field event areas with 2 high jump, 2 long jump, 2 pole vault pits, 2 shot put circles
- Portable weight throw cages for discus, shot and weight throws
- Olympic standard Lynx timing and scoring system and scoreboard
- Michael Johnson Performance training
- Mental Skills training
- Leadership and communication, nutrition/hydration training
- Top tournament travel (including international play), year round league competition
- Integrated academic curriculum
- An Olympic Village type of setting with U.S. and international athletes in multiple sports
- SPIRE Fuel (nutrition court)