Summer Volleyball Camps
Skill development follows a comprehensive skill assessment with our elite coaching and training team. MJP will help develop volleyball-specific strength, agility, balance and total health. Your training will include game situations, strategies and technical/tactical concepts relative to your particular position. To find out more about the SPIRE Complete Athlete, click here.
- 2 training and analysis sessions daily.
- For Setters - Provides an in-depth look into the art of setting from footwork and tempo to strategies and systems.
- For Liberos - Liberos will be challenged to develop court leadership, serve/receive passing, defense and transition setting.
- For Middles - Overview on blocking: 2 step, 3-step, and 5-step block moves and when to use them, hand position, and eye-work. Additionally, proper tempo in middle attack and approach and transition footwork.
- For Outside Hitters - Fundamentals of passing and defensive technique. Approach and transition footwork. Proper timing for 3, 4 and 5-step approaches. Hitting technique, front and back row.
- Variety in training sessions addresses individual needs.
- Michael Johnson Performance (MJP) includes individual initial assessment and training sessions to develop core strength, power, speed and flexibility.
- Instructional presentations on nutrition/health and mental training.
Camp Dates and Details
|June 28-July 3, 2015||10-19|
|July 5-10, 2015||10-19|
|July 12-17, 2015||10-19|
|July 19-24, 2015||10-19|
|July 26-31, 2015||10-19|
|August 2-7, 2015||10-19|
*Check-in for all overnight camps is between 3:00-5:00pm on the Sunday prior to camp.
Michael Johnson Performance (MJP)
Michael Johnson Performance offers a service that is unparalleled in the performance training industry. Our philosophy is to provide two unique services including a world class testing program and a customized training program to improve the raw materials needed to improve soccer athleticism. Michael Johnson Performance Testing uncovers specific performance limiting factors in your ability to perform at a peak level. The performance training program is designed to overcome these athletic limitations to improve your ability to perform on the soccer field. Come experience the same performance training methods that FC Dallas uses as preferred provider of performance training services.
Mental Skills Training
SPIRE's Mental Skills Training works with student athletes to enhance performance, cope with the pressures of competition, recover from injuries, keep up with training programs and enjoy sports. Mental Skills Training will also help student athletes off the playing field. The same strategies that sport psychologists teach athletes - relaxation techniques, mental rehearsals and cognitive restructuring, for example - are also useful in school, at home and other settings.
- 1 extra semi private session Michael Johnson Performance Training ($65)
- 3 extra semi private sessions of Michael Johnson Performance Training ($180)
- 1 extra semi private session of mental conditioning training ($65)
- 3 extra semi private sessions of mental conditioning training ($180)
College Readiness and NCAA Eligibility Guidance
- 1 session with College Placement Director ($65)
- 3 sessions with College Placement Director ($180)
|Drive to SPIRE / Non-Boarding Check-In|
|Complete Athlete Training*|
|Add-On Period / Student Lounge Area||Camper
|* Includes Group College Readiness and Mental Conditioning|
SPIRE Volleyball Staff
|John Hawks||Directoremail@example.com||(440) 466-1002 x140|