Been with SPIRE since July 2021
Hometown: New Haven, Connecticut
Title: Head Coach – Distance and Cross Country
Casimir Loxsom was born and raised in New Haven, Connecticut. A competitive soccer player, he was reluctant to commit to Track & Field at first and continued to play indoor leagues and with club teams. A breakthrough came at the outdoor national meet his junior year where he earned All-American honors in the 800. He started his senior year focused on running and broke the indoor Connecticut and New England records in the 600, and won the outdoor 800 state title under the guidance of coach Esteban Rivera.
Loxsom attended Penn State University where he was coached by John Gondak and as a freshman set a Junior World Best in the 600m, won the Big Ten title in the 800m outdoors, won the USATF Junior Championships and became the first American male to medal in any distance event at the World Junior Championships with a silver medal finish in the 800m. Casimir went on to rack up 5 NCAA First Team All-American finishes, 5 Individual Big Ten titles, and 5 Penn Relays Championship of America wins.
Professionally, Loxsom competed for Danny Mackey and the Brooks Beasts TC. He finished runner up at USA Championships in 2014, went on to break the American Record in the 600m twice while winning the National Title Indoors in Boston, and qualified for the World Championship team in Beijing in 2015. Casimir qualified for the Olympic Trials final in 2016, and in 2017 broke the indoor World Best in the 600m and finished indoors with the top times in the world over 600m and 800m.
Casimir is passionate about helping the next generation on their journey to reach their goals. As a coach, Loxsom hopes to help growing athletes stock their tool box with everything they need for competitive situations. He’s excited about all the resources SPIRE can offer to give our student-athletes a training center and platform for success.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelors of Arts in Communication Arts & Sciences with a Minor of Kinesiology from Pennsylvania State University
- PUSATF Level 1 Coach
Experience (Coaching and Playing):
Back to Leadership
- Wilbur Cross High School ’09 – State Champion (800m), State Record Holder (Indoor 600m), 2x All-American
- Pennsylvania State University ’13 (World Junior Silver Medalist 2010, World Junior Best 600m, 5x All-American, 5x Big Ten Champion)]
- Brooks Beasts TC ’13-’17 – (World Championships Beijing 2015, World Best 600m Indoor 2017, 2x World Relay Championships Gold Medalist 4x800m 2015, 2017, USA Indoor Champion 600m 2015)
- Assistant XC / Track Coach – Gig Harbor High School, ’14-’16
- Volunteer Assistant Coach – Pennsylvania State University ’17-’18
- Head Track & Field Coach – Greenwich High School, ’18-’21