Been with SPIRE since August 2012
Hometown: Homeworth, OH
Languages Spoken: English
Title: Director of SPIRE Performance
Bios: John has been at SPIRE Performance for over 6 years and is in charge of running and overseeing the SPIRE Performance department and staff.
John comes to SPIRE from Cleveland State University where he earned his Master’s degree in exercise science and was a graduate assistant strength and conditioning coach for the Vikings athletic department. As an undergraduate student, John was a collegiate athlete for the Men’s Soccer program. He has a diverse background in sports that helps him understand the specific needs and demands to increase his athlete’s physical qualities.
John is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength and Conditioning Association and the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches association.
Education and Accreditations:
- Bachelors in Exercise Science from Cleveland State University
- Masters in Exercise Science from Cleveland State University
- Registers Strength and Conditioning Coach from the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified form the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association
Experience (Coaching and Playing):
- Graduate Assistant Strength Coach at Cleveland State University
- Member of the Cleveland State University Men’s Soccer Program