Hometown: South Africa
Title: Director of Soccer
Troy is a highly experienced and accomplished international soccer administrator, coach and player. He has a track record of success in Australia, South Africa and the United States in all aspects of the game.
As an administrator he has been successful as the CEO of Gold Coast United FC, Managing Partner of Maumee Indoor Soccer Centre, Owner of Bond University Junior Soccer Club, Founder of Gold Coast Futsal, Junior Director and Representative Program Director for Football Gold Coast and Commercial Director for Football Coaches Australia.
As a coach he holds an NSCAA National Coaching Diploma and held positions as Gannon University Mens Assistant Coach that went to the Final Four, Head Coach of Iroquois High School that made the state play-offs for the first time, Head Coach of Toledo Celtics FC and Technical Director of Virginia United FC. He has a strong track record in youth development in both the girls and boys game.
As a player he has been a South African under 19 International, an All American, a Collegiate Senior Bowl starter and is inducted into the Gannon University Sports Hall of Fame. He is Gannon’s second all time points scorer, was drafted by the Wichita Wings and has played in 2 final fours and for numerous professional clubs. Troy was also tournament MVP in the national championship winning Toledo University Club Soccer team which was awarded a proclamation from the City Of Toledo.
• State team player from U10 – U19
• South Africa National U19 Team
• Professional player with Durban City FC and Amazulu FC in South Africa
• Professional Player in Canada with St Catherines Roma FC
• Professional Player in USA with Wichita Wings and Columbus
• All American College Team
• American College Senior Bowl All Star Team
• National Club Championship Winning captain and MVP with Toledo University
• Leading Scorer in two Final Four teams and in #1 Ranked College team
• Inducted into Gannon University Sports Hall of Fame
• Founding Partner in Toledo Indoor Soccer Centre
• Founder of International Soccer Academy in the USA
• Founding Partner of Gold Coast Futsal
• Founder of Bond Soccer
• Board Member of Football Gold Coast
• Director of Football Gold Coast Juniors and Rep Programme
• Sponsor of numerous players to American University soccer programmes
• CEO Gold Coast United FC (NPL Club)
• National Soccer Coaches Association of America National Diploma
Owner of Erie Commodores NPSL and UWSL Club
Troy has helped develop numerous players through the international soccer pathway to college in the United States. He understands the youth development process and the development process to transition from a good junior player to college or into the professional ranks. He brings a wealth of international relationships with clubs and coaches at the highest levels. Besides the technical and tactical coaching ability he brings, he understands the discipline and work ethic required to take players to the next level. His experience as a player and coach through the system helps our players gain a stronger understanding of what is required and what to expect as they navigate the transition from high school to college. Besides his various soccer accolades he also holds an Honors Degree in accounting and an MBA in International Marketing and Management. He has guided both of his sons through the development process on to high level college soccer and can empathise and support players and families through this process.
Back To Leadership