This fall, SPIRE Institute & Academy (IA) will be hosting a track & field “Super Camp.” Slated to run October 1-3, 2021, this camp experience will touch on every aspect of track & field, from training to mental preparation and developing a competitive mindset.
Kibwé Johnson, two-time Olympian and SPIRE’s Director of Track & Field and Head Coach – Throws, explains why this Super Camp is an invaluable experience for track & field athletes.
“My intention is for this event to be a complete and holistic experience for those who attend. To me, this means training sessions, as well as some sessions where the attendees get to see and feel the human component of being an athlete and what that may look like. This difference is the ‘SPIRE Way.’”
The three-day Super Camp will begin with one training session on Friday, two sessions on Saturday and a final one on Sunday. All attendees will benefit from SPIRE’s athletic mental and health training sessions, teaching the value of a healthy lifestyle and mental preparation, during their time at SPIRE. In addition, all attendees will take advantage of SPIRE’s world-class facilities for lifting sessions and take part in NCAA discussions that will help shape their future.
For more information and to register for the camp, please click here.
October 1-3, 2021
• $450 for Day Camp
• $595 for Boarding
• Day: Lunch
• Boarding: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
• Ages 13-18
• Vertical and Horizontal Jumps
• Distance Running
Each Athlete will Receive/Experience:
• Expert instruction in your event
• Elite warmup exercises and running drills
• Event specific drills and exercises
• Mental strategies and mental imagery
• Mental strategies from trained sport performance practitioners
• Functional Movement Screening (FMS) in SPIRE Performance to locate and address physical weaknesses
• Film review with coaches
• Learn what you have to do to make immediate improvements as well as what you need to do for continued success