SPIRE Academy | College Planning
At SPIRE, we believe that the college planning and placement process is one of the most important aspects of Academy life—and you can’t start this process too early!
Our college planning process begins Freshman year and only concludes when a student has graduated from college or chosen and achieved their goals on a different path. Below is a brief outline of some of the services we provide to our students during each of their years at SPIRE, and beyond.
The NCAA has stringent requirements and strict rules, and the college placement process can be difficult to navigate for those who don’t have a solid plan based on clear direction. SPIRE’s experienced college planning and placement staff, together with our coaching team, have a strong network of college coach relationships that can eliminate many of the unknowns, and help identify the right program for you.
Our College Prep Team works hard to ensure that, during your years at the Academy, you are well equipped and eligible for college. And because independence and personal responsibility play a key role in your eventual success, we encourage you to address each item in the following college checklist to the best of your ability:
- Keep your grades up all four years of high school. They count!
- Take the PSAT in your sophomore year, and the SAT and ACT in your junior year.
- If you are an international student with English as a second language, take the TOEFL in your junior year.
- Prioritize your college choices based on its sports/esports program, location, academics, size, team and any other factors you consider important.
- Make as many unofficial college visits as possible to get a feel for the type of school you’d like to attend.
- Register for the NCAA clearinghouse.
- Make official visits after you start your senior year.
- Commit during the signing period!
Whether you aspire to an NCAA Division I, II or III school, an NAIA school, or any other college or university, we believe there’s a path for everyone to attain their goals. At SPIRE, we are committed to helping you find your best possible college fit based on your personal goals, your prowess in your specialty passion and your academic proficiency.Download The Admissions Guide