ESL IMMERSION PROGRAM
3 Week International Students (only) Sports, English Language Acquisition, and Cultural Immersion Camp
- July 17- August 6th, 2022
Sport -2.5 hours per day Monday -Friday
- Each day (Monday through Friday) students will spend 2 hours in a different sport. Basketball, Wrestling, eSports, Swimming, and Soccer. The two-hour block will be spent learning about the sport, acquiring specific skills, techniques, team strategies, leadership values, and mental agility.
Language Acquisition 2.5 hours per day Monday – Friday
- Each student will have their speaking, reading, and writing skill assessed to determine placement in the program on day one. Each student with a teacher will set weekly goals and agree on the methodology to be applied that will help each achieves their goals. Instruction will occur in small groups to ensure daily student progress.
Performance and Life Skill Development 1 hour per day Monday through Friday
- Development of upper and lower body strength, understanding the value of daily nutritional considerations, and not overtaxing your body and mind are critical life skills. Using state of the art technology training programs are developed for each participant and can be maintained wherever the student resides
Cultural Immersion 5-10 hours per week
- Weekday programming consists of presentations and discussions by regional experts about the area, Ohio, and the U.S. Weekend activities will include excursions to area university campuses, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, some regional or local summer festivals, sporting events, and weather permitting a trip to the Lake Erie shorefront just 6 miles away.
Campus Housing, Dining, Health Services, and Recreational Activities
- Students are housed in Cottages with 6 bedrooms each accommodating two students, with three full baths, a student lounge, and a house parent in a small apartment with necessary amenities. Three home-cooked meals are prepared daily by our chefs and served in our dining facility which seats 400 people. Health care services are available daily in partnership with the Cleveland Clinic. Evenings and weeke3nds include a variety of on and off-campus socialization activities such as drone flying, disc golf, remote control sailboat racing, hiking, and fat-tire biking.
- Students will be picked up at the Cleveland Airport on Saturday, July 16th and returned on August 6th
- This program is limited to 20 International students aged 14 to 18 and costs $6,250 including sports coaching, room, board, transportation to and from the airport, and off-campus event admission and transportation.
Information and Questions:
- Email: [email protected]
- Call: +1 (440) 466-1002