SPIRE EXTENDED TRAINING
Train the SPIRE Way.
SPIRE Extended Training programs are available for everyone from the novice athlete to the aspiring pro to Olympians. SPIRE Academy was the preferred training venue for many Olympic athletes and teams preparing for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
Extended Training is for athletes in men’s and women’s basketball, esports, lacrosse, soccer, swimming, track & field and wrestling programs.
Up your level heading into your season with SPIRE’s coaching team. No other high school in the nation can compete with the training available through SPIRE’s Olympic coaches and Ambassadors. Focus on every aspect of your sport or event, from training to mental skills and developing a competitive mindset.
College Athlete Training
SPIRE offers college athletes the opportunity, infrastructure and training to remain dedicated to and improve at their sport.
When the season starts, it’s not just that you won’t have lost a step – you’ll be better than ever.
In order to get you there, SPIRE offers personal training in skills and performance, including diagnostic testing and access to state-of-the-art SPIRE indoor and outdoor facilities.
Professional Athlete Training
The powerful path needed for the boldest of goals and dreams – SPIRE Academy is the preferred training venue for many Olympic athletes and teams.
Key SPIRE Assets
- SPIRE campus is located in Geneva, Ohio about 40 minutes east of Cleveland.
- This program is offered by the week, the month, or by one or two semesters
- On and off campus housing options with house parents
- Performance Center with expert performance training specialties
- Sports Therapy Center and Cleveland Clinic athletic trainers
- Esports training facilities and equipment
- Nutritious SPIRE Fuel dining
- Teacher/Coach mentors and counselors
- College Planning & Placement services
- Diverse international student body
- Camp and Academy programs and staff in multiple sports
- A safe and secure learning and living environment
- Indoor and outdoor track & field facilities
- SPIRE has two brand new Dr. Dish shooting machines for basketball players
- Practice may run 4.5-5 hours per day including swimming, dryland and weights
- SPIRE’s Performance Training Center is an integral component of this program
- College coaches are welcomed to interact with their players and our coaches, as appropriate (i.e. as allowed by the NCAA)
Additional Features & Highlights
- SPIRE features a co-ed environment with a diverse mix of races, cultures and creeds.
- SPIRE’s onsite Academic Center is brand new and state-of-the-art
- SPIRE Basketball features 8 hardwood floors and two Dr. Dish shooting machines.
- SPIRE Swim has a 10 lane, 50 meter Olympic-sized pool that can be converted to 25 yard or 25 meter courses. It also features a separate 25 yard pool, 4 therapy pools, underwater video stroke and power analysis equipment.
- SPIRE’s Outdoor Track & Field Stadium has lights and seating for 10,000 and features an 8 lane, 400-meter polyurethane international track (48′ width lanes), 4 long jump pits, 8 high jump positions and 4 pole vault boxes; plus, and adjacent Throws Stadium that meets IAFF standards.
- SPIRE’s Indoor Track & Field Stadium has seating for 4,000 and features an 8 lane, 300-meter Beynon track, with a radius used on outdoor tracks, a separate field event area with 2 high jump, 2 long jump, 2 pole vault pits, 2 shot put circles and portable weight throw cages for discus, shot and weight throws.
- The 25,000 sq. ft. Performance Training Center with expert performance coaches is an integral component of every SPIRE athletic development experience.
- SPIRE Fuel is the nutritious, onsite kitchen/dining hall that understands exactly how to feed athletes.